1.16.2014

Pure.happiness.


This should have been posted the second week of December. Read as accordingly. ;)

This past week marked the end of an era.

My dear friend JD married his sweetheart in the Brigham City LDS Temple on December 5th.


It looks like the Star Wars gang is partyin' it up over these nuptials. It should be noted that I stole this photograph off JD's FB timeline. His friend posted it. In no way shape or form am I that in love with Star Wars. The ride at Disneyland isn't even on my top 10 favorites ... So, yeah. This is not my photograph. Plus, I don't receive bills from Heico. I don't even know what Heico is. But I think all of that is what makes this photo perfect. :)

But I digress.

We came into each others' lives at the perfect time, too perfect if you know what I mean. This guy was there for me thick and thin for the last five years. I would like to think I did the same for him. 

Even when he was away at medical school in Missouri we kept in touch regularly. We shared the good news, the heart breaking news and the ridiculous pointless news of each others' lives. When he came back to good ol' Utah for Christmas or Spring breaks, he would always make a drive up to Logan {from his home in Plain City} and we would grab a bite to eat and talk about the most important and the least important things.

Every Sunday we played a little game via text. In attempt to always accentuate the positive, we would tell each other the best part of our week. So many times I would receive a text Sunday morning that simply said, "Go!" or I would send one that said, "I'm ready!" And we knew the drill.

Attending his reception last week was one of the most important things I have done in quite awhile. I was so glad to be able to be there and meet his gorgeous wife for the first time. 

I'm not entirely sure why I am blogging this ... maybe to just have a record of how blessed I am to have such a remarkable friend and to express how important that friendship has been to me. I hope everyone has a friend that treats them as well as this man treats me. I have truly been so blessed. 

And, with that ... I think that's all. :)

1 comment:

Savanna Rose said...

That's sweet! Good friends are so important!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...